- 1) Steps to Take for Building blog Audience
- 2) Create a User-Friendly Website
- 3) Optimize Your Website’s Speed
- 4) Leave Them Wanting for More
- 5) Engage, Interact and Win
- 6) Make Your Blog SEO Friendly
- 7) Leverage the Power of Social Media
- 8) Grow Your Network
- 9) Scale and Curate Content for Site Submissions
- 10) Bonus Tip: Take The Bottom Up Approach to Know What is the Target Audience for Your Blogs
- 11) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 12) How to Use AI for Building Blog Audience?
Are you struggling with building blog audience? Will you like to know how to grow your blog and get noticed quickly? Many bloggers struggle to find the best way on how to get traffic to blog for free. In this blog, we share some great ways on how to build and engage blog audience in your blogs.
Steps to Take for Building blog Audience
So, read on to find out more about the best ways to build an audience for your blog.
Create a User-Friendly Website
A user-friendly will do wonders to reduce your bounce rate and retain readers on the blog. Here is how to make your site easy to use:
- Choose a clutter-free, easy-to-navigate website layout. Your website’s layout shall support your blog category and ideas instead of creating any confusion or misunderstanding
- Ensure clear website navigation. It means that your website’s navigation menu, scroll bar and all associated elements shall work in sync.
- Introduce a search box/bar on your blog. Many bloggers make the mistake of forgetting search bar. However, it is very useful in building blog audience.
- Make your blog mobile-friendly. Since more than 50% of your readers be reading blog from their smartphone, so your blog should be dynamic and device-friendly.
Optimize Your Website’s Speed
If your website fails to load in first 5 seconds of a website search, you are likely to lose the visitor forever. Website speed not only plays in your favor to rank your blog better but also retains readers for building blog audience. Website speed is one of the first impressions a user receives after visiting your blog, so make sure it is well-optimized across all viewing platforms.
Leave Them Wanting for More
When you start creating content for building blog audience, it is important to keep in mind that you must create crave-worthy content.
It does not really mean that you should always read your readers at the edge, instead it means that you offer a series of valuable information on the topics that interest your audience the most.
Here is how you can build interest in your blog audience:
- Adopt a story-telling strategy. People love stories, especially when they are embedded with real life experiences.
- Pick a Conversational Tone. Your content shall directly speak to your audience, while maintaining an element of professional authority and personal interest.
- Reduce the Fluff. Fluffy sentences kill the content. Offer valuable information in every bit.
- Target your reader’s interests/pain points/aspirations. Once you have your audience personas in hand, target your reader’s interests and aspirations using content.
- Keep it original and appealing. NEVER copy others. Always post original content and introduce appealing visuals to add more value to your blog.
- Diversify your blog. Although hitting a micro-niche fairly reduces the range of content you produce, knowing the audience will help you diversify the main topic into several interesting categories.
- Strong headlines and Actionable content. Write compelling headlines and spur action from your audience in any possible manner.
Engage, Interact and Win
Building engagement and interacting with your audience is a sure-fire technique to build blog audience in no time. Here are a few techniques to enhance engagement on your blog:
- Write succinct sentences and user shorter paragraphs.
- Break down lengthy content using sub-headings and other formatting options
- Create bullet points and lists to make content more readability
- Use readable fonts and offer optional dark mode readership
- Use visual aids such as graphs, plots, illustrations, videos and images
Your content becomes more engaging depending upon the ease of social media content sharing. You can also increase your chances of getting noticed by mentioning influencers and brands in your blogs. On top of that, introducing social proof and call to actions also improves blog engagement.
Make Your Blog SEO Friendly
One of the most important steps to build your blog audience organically is to ensure that your website is SEO friendly.
- Dig out keywords that are most relevant to your niche and incorporate them throughout the content on your blog.
- Optimize your website meta data, such as meta description and meta title using your main keywords.
- Add internal linking to other posts on your website to increase reader retention
- Build strong content backlinks to raise your website’s authority
- Write long form content as it is more liked by search engines
Social media is your best bet for growing your blog audience faster than simply relying on SEO and newsletters. Social media shares help you get noticed faster.
- Create brand social media pages for growing your blog audience
- Introduce easy social sharing options on your website
- Post on social media frequently and consistently
- Encourage followers to interact and communicate
- Share live videos and visuals to attract the audience
- Use popular social media hashtags to stay in touch with trends
Grow Your Network
Networking is one of the strongest weapons in a growing blogger’s arsenal. It helps you connect with like-minded communities, get closer to influencers and get the attention you need for building blog audience. You can start networking with these simple tips:
- Leave comments and feedback on blogs and social media posts from others in your niche
- Guest post on high authority, niche-specific websites to gain more traction in building blog audience
- Build your social media pages and communities to attract more target readers
- Partner on social and online events from your blog niche
- Attend and support conferences or networking events’ goals
- Collaborate with emerging or already-established bloggers or noteworthy figures from your niche
Scale and Curate Content for Site Submissions
Content curation websites are often overlooked when looking for best ways for building blog audience. These websites can connect you to more readers for your blog.
Once you take the time to curate content for these websites, you can redirect their readers to your own blog and ultimately increase your blog audience.
Who knows better about the content your audience wants to read than your blog audience itself?
While most of us believe that following trends is the best way to keep in our audience’s loop of interest, the reality is that online fads change and die out every day.
So, how to know what is the right content for your blog?
Ask your audience about what they like to read.
Although this step requires you to have some existing blog audience, you can count on other audience research and survey strategies to dig deep into audience interests.
Skim through social media discussion platforms like Quora, Reddit, Pinterest, Tumblr and others to figure out exactly what people are talking about.
Narrow your research focus on your selected micro-niche and see how people linked with this particular niche are discussing online.
You can also conduct surveys to find out the audience trigger points and curate content to solve their problems.
Moreover, you can also start a poll and ask for audience suggestion as to what they will like to read next from a given set of options.
Before you begin growing blog audience, ask yourself who will be your target audience for content promotion. Write and promote your content only if you are dead sure as to who will be your target audience to get the best results.
Knowing your product or service offering’s audience enables you to do well on personalized blogging. Personalized blogging increases your chances of converting readers into buyers by 48%.’
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I get 100000 readers on my blog?
Getting 100,000 readers on your blog is as tricky as you can imagine. But the good news is that reaching 100,000 readers from 50,000 readers on your blog can be quicker than gaining 10,000 readers from 1,000 initial readers.
Growing a blog is a time taking process, but once it takes traction, all you need is some consistency.
Here are a few tips to grow your blog to 100,000 readers a month:
- Select a micro-niche for your blog
- Define your target audience and build personas
- Adopt the right content ideation strategy for blog
- Ensure consistently high-quality content on your blog
- Invite and feature industry influencers to build content authority
- Get close with your readers and main followers
- Improve content readability
How do I identify my audience?
Defining your audience is a key step in building the right strategy for building a blog audience. Here are a few considerations you need to take to figure out your target audience:
- Consider the expertise of readers on your blog – Is your blog good for beginners or pros in a specific niche?
- Shortlist your Target audience’s role and profession
- Identify which influencers your audience follows online or offline
- List down sub-topics and content categories that will interest your audience
- Consider how your blog is going to be helpful to your readers – what are you going to teach them?
- Figure out your competitors and outrank their strategies
Digging into reader profile and followers of your competitors is a great way to identify your audience.
Make sure that you organize all the information you gain from these insights into audience personas. This simple organization will help you build content clusters personalized for specific reader personas.
How do you target a US audience on blog?
The answer boils down to geo-localized audience research and keyword targeting. Here are some more steps you can take for building blog audience from USA:
- Filter out and target US specific local keywords
- Build country level website backlinks
- Purchase a domain name extension for the target region
- Closely follow Google US trends and incorporate them in blog
- Gain insights from Google Search Console for US
- Run PPC ads targeting US Audience
- Leverage the power of social media to share content with US audience
- Incorporate Local SEO strategies to hone your blog’s SEO friendliness for USA
- Submit your website with US specific local search engines
- Purchase US Based web hosting server
How to Use AI for Building Blog Audience?
AI can help you find better reader context to identify the right audience for your blog. It can help you with content ideation, content creation and content optimization so you can focus on building blog audience.
Now that you know the best ways for building a blog audience, we hope that you can grow your blog faster than you were doing it before.
What are some ways you use to grow your blog audience? Share in the comments!
- 9+ Effective Brainstorming Techniques To Ace Every Stage of Writing Process
- What is a Brand Statement? 3 Easy Steps To Develop a Unique Brand Tagline
- 11+ Content Marketing Tools You Need For Better Growth and Engagement in 2022
- 8+ Types of Content Writing to Diversify Your Skill Set And Reach More Customers
- 11 Brand Voice Tips: Detailed Content Style Guide for Consistent Content Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Content Marketing
- Content Writing
- Digital Marketing
- NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- Proposal Writing
- Social Media
- Writer's Block Problem