- 1) How to Write A Good Title – Create Catchy Headlines For Articles and Blog Posts
- 2) How to Create a Good Title FAQs
The world of online marketing is full of challenges. From varying search engine optimization and the constant competition to rank on search results to building a social media presence and attracting potential readers, tons of challenges surround content writers and marketers. Since article titles are the first thing a reader reads on a search results page, catchy titles are the way to beat your competition on search engines. In this blog post, we cover how to write a good title for your blog posts and articles to boost your click-through rate effectively.
How to Write A Good Title – Create Catchy Headlines For Articles and Blog Posts
Your strategy on how to write a good title depends upon the type of article or blog post you are writing. Here are some tips on how to write catchy titles:
Keep is Short, Simple and Straightforward
Don’t beat around the bush and focus on the idea that you want to convey through your article title. When you learn how to write an article title, the first thing to keep in mind is your audience.
Since an average reader has an attention span of 8.25 seconds, you need a catchy title to grab the reader’s attention. 
A successful blog is only as good as the traffic it receives.
Clear headlines with powerful words and factual evidence embedded in them are more likely to grab your reader’s attention than long, vague headlines. Try to stick to the 70 characters limit for article title length.
Suggested Read: What are the Ingredients of a Successful Blog?
Clearly Convey Your Main Benefit
People love to know how spending their time on a certain thing is going to benefit them. Instead of listing generic features, show how reading a particular post is going to benefit your potential readers. In your headline, offer answers to common questions readers might have in their minds.
For example, instead of using “How to Write Content”, you can write the headline “How to Write Content Fast Using AI”. The addition of “fast” and “AI” are two main USPs that will instantly grab your reader’s attention.
Make Exciting Announcements
Your potential readers will care about something relevant to your blog. Announce exciting things in your title and describe how your blog post is going to make a difference in your reader’s life. You can tie your old content with fresh trends to give a fresh new look to your blog topics. Announce new product launches, offer discounts or share news about the latest tips and trends.
Ask Questions in Titles
Another great way to expand the curiosity gap of your audience is to ask questions from your readers. Everyone loves to share their opinion or answer questions they know about it. You can also add affirmative phrases and exclamation points to reaffirm how your article is going to benefit your readers. Combine questions with exclamation points to make your article irresistible to your readers.
Add Power Words and Important Keywords
Catchy article titles are short and have limited characters. Limiting your title’s characters and adding important keywords content of the title will help you rank better on search engine results. Similarly, power words, CTAs, or emotional phrases help to build an instant connection with your reader’s psyche. Don’t forget to add keywords in your SEO Meta Title as well.
Suggested Read: What is CTA in Digital Marketing?
Add Odd Numbers and Symbols
The human brain is wired to focus on figures and symbols more than words. It means that you can turn this around in your favour. Add digits, facts, figures, testimonials or symbols in your article title to make it look more appealing to the readers.
Bonus Tip: Use AI to Create Stunning Article Titles
Creating article titles can be challenging when you have to juggle various elements. Count on our AI-powered Article title generator to create stunning article headlines for you.
How to Create a Good Title FAQs
How do you write a strong article title?
- Keep it short, simple and compelling
- Entice Your reader’s interest
- Add facts, numbers, and figures
- Write in sentence case
- Add relevant keywords in the title
What is a good title?
A good title effectively conveys the theme of your writing while enticing your audience’s attention. It piques your reader’s interest and serves as a magnet to attract your readers to open and read your complete article.
- Stuck in a Writer’s Block? Top Reasons and Ways to Overcome Writing Challenges
- What is CTA in Digital Marketing – Find Out its Role in Bringing Conversions
- How to Use Keywords in Content – Organize Your Content Creation Using Keywords
- How to Use AIDA in Content Writing – Leverage The Power of Science-Backed Copywriting
- Content for Affiliate Marketing – The Smart Affiliate Content Strategies For Better Results
- 9+ Effective Brainstorming Techniques To Ace Every Stage of Writing Process
- What is a Brand Statement? 3 Easy Steps To Develop a Unique Brand Tagline
- 11+ Content Marketing Tools You Need For Better Growth and Engagement in 2022
- 8+ Types of Content Writing to Diversify Your Skill Set And Reach More Customers
- 11 Brand Voice Tips: Detailed Content Style Guide for Consistent Content Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Content Marketing
- Content Writing
- Digital Marketing
- NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- Proposal Writing
- Social Media
- Writer's Block Problem