- 1) What is the Goal of a Cover Letter?
- 2) Where Can You Make a Cover Letter?
- 3) Things to Keep in Mind When Making a Cover Letter on Google Docs
- 4) How to Make a Cover Letter on Google Docs – Step-By-Step Guide:
- 5) Bonus Tip: Speed Up Cover Letter Writing on Google Docs Using AI
- 6) Conclusion
Are you wondering why your job applications are not getting as successful as you expected? Chances are that you are forgetting a crucial element of a successful job application – The Cover Letter. A cover letter is a one-page document that, along with your resume, is sent with your job application. You may be wondering how a cover letter can help you get the job. A cover letter is your chance to tell a potential employer why you’re the perfect person for the position and how your skills and expertise can add value to the company. In this article, we discuss steps on how to make a cover letter on Google Docs.
What is the Goal of a Cover Letter?
The concept of cover letters is often confused with the recap of your resume. In reality, a cover letter is very different from your resume. Moreover, it offers an insight into your personality and skills. Thus, your employer can decide whether you are a good match for the job role or not.
The purpose of a cover letter is to:
- Introduce yourself Highlight your most relevant qualifications
- Enhance your resume
Keep in Mind That
A cover letter is:
- NOT A recap of your resume
- NOT A list of your qualifications
- And NOT A chance to regurgitate your entire career history
Did you know that cover letters increase your chances of landing a job? According to a survey, hiring managers say that job applications with cover letters have 77% more hiring chances. 
Where Can You Make a Cover Letter?
When you are applying for a job, you will need to create a cover letter to submit with your resume. A cover letter is a document that introduces you to the employer and explains why you are qualified for the position. You can create a cover letter for a job application using a word processing program, such as Microsoft Word or Google Docs. Usually, both of these word processing programs offer you free cover letter templates.
Things to Keep in Mind When Making a Cover Letter on Google Docs
There are a few things to keep in mind when creating a cover letter.
First, make sure to include your contact information at the top of the letter.
Second, start with a brief introduction. In the introduction, you should explain who you are and why you are interested in the job you are applying for.
Third, in the body of the letter, explain your qualifications in more detail.
Finally, end with a thank you and your contact information. When creating a cover letter, it is important to
How to Make a Cover Letter on Google Docs – Step-By-Step Guide:
Step One: Open a new Google Doc
- To begin, you will need to open a new Google Doc.
- You can do this by going to your Google Drive and clicking on the “+New” button.
- Then, select “Google Docs” from the drop-down menu.
- You will be redirected to the Google Docs Website Link.
Step Two: Choose a Cover Letter Template
- To do this, click on the “Insert” menu and then select “Cover page.”
- From here, you can start a blank document. To find a cover letter, tap on the template gallery option at the top right corner.
- Browse Different templates that open in front of you and scroll down to find the “Letters Category”
- Choose the Letter Template that you like and tap on it.
A new Cover Letter template will open in front of you. You can start making edits on it!
Step 3: Fill in The Important Fields
Discuss your qualifications and keywords. Discuss how your skills are useful for your client and how you can bring value to the job role you are applying for.
When you are finished writing your cover letter, proofread it several times to check for errors. Then, ask someone else to read it as well to make sure it sounds good. Finally, save your cover letter as a PDF or Word document.
A Good Cover Letter has following information fields:
- Your Full Name at the top of Cover letter
- Your Present Address at the top of Cover letter
- Contact Information at the top of Cover letter (Email, phone number and social links)
- Opening Address (“Dear Hiring Manager”, “Respected Hiring Manager”)
- Closing Remarks (“Sincerely.”, “Best Regards”)
When creating a cover letter on Google Docs, it is important to address the letter to the hiring manager. This can be done by including the name of the manager in the “To” field of the document. It is also important to use keywords throughout the cover letter so that it will be easily found by potential employers.
How to write a cover letter body on Google Docs?
- Begin with your contact information: Include your name, email address, and phone number.
- Opening Address: Address the letter to the hiring manager.
- Introduce yourself: In the first paragraph, tell the employer who you are and why you are interested in the position. Briefly explain why you are interested in the position.
- Discuss your qualifications: In the second paragraph, discuss your skills and experience that make you qualified for the job.
- Wrap up and sign off: In the final paragraph, thank the employer for their time and express your interest in meeting with them to discuss the job further.
Don’t Forget to Proofread! Save and share your cover letter. Be sure to proofread your cover letter before sending it to the employer.
Step 4: Save the Cover Letter as PDF
When you are finished with your cover letter, you can save it as a PDF or print it out.
- To do this, go to File > Download as > PDF.
- You can also find a print option in the File menu.
- To wrap up and sign off, scroll to the end of your cover letter.
Step 5: Start Applying!
Once your cover letter is ready to use as PDF or in print form, you can start applying for different job roles. Some of the common online job platforms that require job cover letters include:
Bonus Tip: Speed Up Cover Letter Writing on Google Docs Using AI
WriteMe.Ai offers you AI writing assistance to create a unique cover letter for every client. All you have to do is use Cover Letter Description Writing Use case to prepare a cover letter for your next bidding application.
A cover letter is a formal letter that is sent to an employer along with a resume when applying for a job. The cover letter introduces the applicant and highlights the skills and experience that make them qualified for the position. This article covers all you need to know about how to make a cover letter on Google Docs. Every cover letter will have different content depending on the type of role you are applying for. It is recommended that you send a custom cover letter with information relevant to the job role with every application.
 Cover Letters and Job Hiring – YahooFinance
- Dialogue Writing Tips – Style, Format, Examples
- What are Essential Copywriting Skills Every Writer Must Learn?
- What are the Pros and Cons of Self Publishing?
- How to Maximize Business Efficiency Using Technology in 2023
- Crafting a Unique Brand in 2023: Tips and Strategies to Stand Out in a Crowded Market
- Affiliate Marketing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Content Marketing
- Content Writing
- Digital Marketing
- NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- Proposal Writing
- Social Media
- Writer's Block Problem