- 1) Simple Steps to Come Up With an Interesting Podcast Name
- 2) Additional Tips on How to Come Up With a Podcast Name
- 3) Bonus Tip: Use AI Podcast Name Generator to Decide Fast and Save Time
- 4) How to Come Up With a Podcast Name – Frequently Asked Questions
Are you planning to launch a podcast show for your platform? Good for you. However, we will like to remind you that your podcast’s name is going to play a significant role in making your show popular. Deciding a podcast name is among the first steps you need to take for launching your show. However, it is no easy task to choose the right title for your podcast. In this blog post, we discuss some great ways and tips on how to come up with a podcast name.
Simple Steps to Come Up With an Interesting Podcast Name
Since your podcast name should be interesting enough to direct your listeners to your podcast description and then to your show, you need to take special care during the whole process. Here are some helpful steps on how to com up with a podcast name without spending too much time:
Consider Your Content
The number 1 clue for choosing a podcast title lies in your podcast’s content and theme. If your show is centered around lifestyle, your title shall reflect it. For example, if you are planning to launch a podcast about horror stories, you shall choose a title that reflects the element of horror. Similarly, consider the theme of your podcast. If your podcast involves direct stories from your participants, it is better to choose a title that reflects the element of “true story” for your podcast.
Keep it Succinct
Most platforms offer you a limited space to write your podcast name. Keep in mind that you must adhere to the platform’s guidelines when writing your podcast title. Apart from the character and word limit for your podcast name, you shall also bear in mind that your podcast title should be simple, short and easy to pronounce. If you can cover your podcast’s theme in 2 words, then there is no need to add another word. The goal is to keep your podcast’s name simple, succinct and easy to remember.
Convey Your Brand Voice
Most podcasters completely disregard the concept of keeping a consistent brand voice while choosing their podcast name. Once you have successfully decided the brand voice during your research and strategy phase, it is important to transfer those brand voice elements to your podcast as well. For example, if your brand voice is friendly, your podcast title should reflect an element of trustworthiness, connection or bonding to your show’s listeners.
Ask Your Potential Audience
Your audience’s opinions about your show are a treasure trove of information for coming up with a great podcast name. If you have established a brand community, conduct a survey to see the dominant sentiment about your brand among your audience. You can also test different podcast title idea options to see the reactions of your audience during early stages of podcasting. Your potential listeners are better sources of ideas to come up with a great show title.
Say The Name Out Loud
Easy to pronounce Podcast names are more memorable than difficult podcast names. Thus, once you finalize potential good podcast names, try saying each one out loud. If the podcast title is easy to pronounce, go for it. You can also use words with the same weight to impart an element of consistency and balance in your podcast title.
Another important thing to take care of while choosing a show name is to ensure searchability of your show. In general, podcast names should not include any special characters. It is also recommended to use podcast names which have a keyword in it. For example, a podcast name for a pet category may include the keyword “pets” in its title.
Additional Tips on How to Come Up With a Podcast Name
If you are struggling to get a hang of the method for naming your podcast, here are some quick tips on how to create a podcast name:
- Brainstorm Ideas: Brainstorm different ideas to speed up content ideation and list them down. Choose the ideas that are short in length and sound good for your show. The recommended length for a podcast name is 4 words or lesser.
- Check Availability: It is recommended to use a unique name for your podcast and avoid duplicating names. Check availability of podcast names by searching on different podcast platforms.
- Ensure Searchability: The podcast name should be easy to pronounce and type in the podcast search bar.
- Consider Your Show’s Future: Take a strategic view of your show’s plans and consider your future plans in your podcast name.
- Don’t State the Obvious: Do not add “The” or “Podcast” in your podcast name. Another recommendation is to avoid using special characters in your podcast name.
Bonus Tip: Use AI Podcast Name Generator to Decide Fast and Save Time
Our AI based podcast name generator can speed up your brainstorming process as well as offer you some great title selections for testing among your audience. Try our podcast title ideas generator to save time with AI now!
How to Come Up With a Podcast Name – Frequently Asked Questions
Are podcast names copyrighted?
No, podcast names are not necessarily copyrighted. In the USA, podcasters can get the podcast name registered under the USPTO. Thus, this can get you some rights to take a legal recourse if someone tries to steal your podcast title. However, it is only applicable if you are trying to figure out how to trademark a podcast title. It does not directly implicate any copyright infringement on behalf of the violator who tries to steal your name. 
Can 2 podcasts have the same name?
Yes, it is possible. Since most podcast platforms, including iTunes, do not provide any copyrights to the podcasters, there are high chances that two podcasts can have the same identity. However, it is not a smart strategy to use the same podcast names for different podcasts on any platform.
Can someone steal your podcast’s name?
Since the trademarking laws vary from country to country, there is not much you can do to avoid podcast name stealing. The smartest strategy to avoid name stealing is to get the domain name, along with your social media profiles, registered to your name. In this way, you can secure your podcast title to some extent.
- 9+ Effective Brainstorming Techniques To Ace Every Stage of Writing Process
- What is a Brand Statement? 3 Easy Steps To Develop a Unique Brand Tagline
- 11+ Content Marketing Tools You Need For Better Growth and Engagement in 2022
- 8+ Types of Content Writing to Diversify Your Skill Set And Reach More Customers
- 11 Brand Voice Tips: Detailed Content Style Guide for Consistent Content Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Content Marketing
- Content Writing
- Digital Marketing
- NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- Proposal Writing
- Social Media
- Writer's Block Problem