- 1) Expert Tips on How to Improve Words Per Minute Typing Speed
- 2) Make Every Keystroke Count!
Do you want to boost your typing speed and accuracy? Whether you’re a student, professional writer, or just someone who wants to boost writing productivity, learning how to type faster can be a game-changer. But improving your typing speed takes time and effort. In this blog post, we’ll cover some tips and strategies you can use to improve your words per minute writing speed and accuracy. So, grab a cup of coffee, and let’s get started!
Expert Tips on How to Improve Words Per Minute Typing Speed
The average WPM speed is approximately 40 words per minute. However, experts can type 65 to 80 words per minute. 
Following the right method can help you boost your writing speed to a pro level. Here are some tips to help you boost your typing speed:
Make it a point to practice typing every day. Start with short sessions of 15-20 minutes and gradually increase the time as you get more comfortable. Focus on typing accurately and efficiently. Set aside time every day to practice typing, such as 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the afternoon. Try to stick to your schedule and make it a daily habit.
Focus on Typing Accuracy:
When practicing typing, aim to type accurately and minimize errors. This will help you develop good typing habits and prevent the need to correct mistakes. Take your time to type each letter accurately and avoid rushing. If you make a mistake, pause and correct it before moving on to the next word. Use grammar checking tools to point out errors. However, it is recommended to fix errors after you are done typing. Fixing errors while you are typing decreases the typing speed.
Track Your Progress Using a Words Per Minute Calculator
A words per minute calculator (WPM) counter tracks your typing speed and progress. A WPM counter measures and displays the number of words you are typing every minute. It provides you with immediate feedback on your typing speed.
Using a WPM counter helps you improve and maintain your typing speed in several ways:
- Stay Motivated: When you see your WPM increase over time, it can be motivating and rewarding. It can encourage you to keep practicing and improving your typing speed.
- Identify Areas for Improvement: By tracking your WPM, you can identify areas where you are struggling and need to improve. For example, if you notice your WPM is lower when typing specific keys, you can focus on practicing those keys more.
- Track Your Typing Progress: With a WPM counter, you can measure your progress over time and see how much you’ve improved. This can be a great way to stay motivated and see the results of your hard work.
- Maintain your Typing Speed: If you’re already a fast typist, using a WPM counter can help you maintain your speed. By monitoring your WPM regularly, you can make sure you’re not slowing down and identify any areas that need improvement.
To use a WPM counter, simply start typing and the tool will count the number of words you type in a minute. There are many free online tools available, such as the WPM counter on Typing.com or 10FastFingers.com.
Use Proper Finger Placement:
Place your fingers on the home row keys (ASDF for the left hand and JKL; for the right hand) and reach out to other keys from there. This will help you type more efficiently and reduce strain on your hands. Position your left index finger on the F key and your right index finger on the J key. Keep your other fingers on the nearby keys and reach out to other keys as needed.
Practice Using Online Typing Tools:
There are many free online typing tools available that can help you improve your typing speed. These tools provide typing exercises and games to help you practice. Visit a website like Typing.com and try out their typing lessons and games. Start with the beginner lessons and gradually progress to more advanced ones.
Take Short Breaks:
Taking breaks is important to prevent fatigue and maintain accuracy. Take short breaks every 20-30 minutes to rest your hands and clear your mind. Stand up, stretch, and move around. This will help you avoid fatigue and maintain your focus.
Set Typing Speed Goals:
Set specific goals for yourself, such as typing a certain number of words per minute or reducing your error rate. Pick a goal to type 40 words per minute with 95% accuracy within the next month. Keep track of your progress by recording your typing speed and accuracy regularly.
Use Proper Ergonomics:
Adjust your keyboard and chair at a proper height to maintain a good posture. It will reduce strain on your hands and wrists, allowing you to type comfortably. Adjust your chair and keyboard so that your elbows are at a 90-degree angle. Keep your wrists straight at your keyboard’s level. Sit up straight and ensure that your feet are flat on the floor. Use a wrist pad or support if necessary.
Make Every Keystroke Count!
Becoming a professional writer means enhancing your writing speed, building stronger vocabulary and expanding your writing skills. A words per minute counter is a great way to enhance your writing productivity. If you want to build your vocabulary and explore new writing ideas, an AI writing assistant is another great tool to add in your writing arsenal.
 Average Typing Speed – ElearningIndustry
- Dialogue Writing Tips – Style, Format, Examples
- What are Essential Copywriting Skills Every Writer Must Learn?
- What are the Pros and Cons of Self Publishing?
- How to Maximize Business Efficiency Using Technology in 2023
- Crafting a Unique Brand in 2023: Tips and Strategies to Stand Out in a Crowded Market
- Affiliate Marketing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Content Marketing
- Content Writing
- Digital Marketing
- NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- Proposal Writing
- Social Media
- Writer's Block Problem